This blog is where I escape from reality & is the result of the listening part of me. Oh btw, I dont talk much in real life.

History

leave your thoughts here -

Sunday, 5 March 2017

I woke up today feeling 2 things and 2 things only. (1) How in the world I let a whole month pass by without writing anything on the blog, and (2) despite how horribly lethargic I was, the more apparent thing to me was the surreal fact that Warwick's MNight has ended.

Let's talk about (1) first. The past few weeks had been a mixture of highs and lows for me. The weeks I went through were either too much or too little for my fragile body to handle. I went to Germany for a week, which was super fun. I got to feed my nerdy self with wars and Nazis and Holocaust and conflicts and concentration camps, while also fulfilling my hungry self with lots of delicious food. That was a great mid term getaway which I wish did not have to end.

Some other weeks left me feeling very weak. I was trying so hard to look for some time and space for myself to recharge but I lack the valuable resource to do so - time. My days went by so quickly that I'm still trying to grasp the fact that we're already in the first week of March. That brings me to (2).

I still can't believe my run with MNight has ended! I've been having such a great time with the people involved and I didn't even realise how much fun I've had with them. Sadly, I don't have any practices to look forward to anymore, or seeing the regular faces I've been seeing for almost 5 months now, or getting impressed at these extraordinary people with exceptional talents. Allow me to be a bit emotional tonight; I feel like I'm entitled to.

I was getting all the jitters as early as a week before the actual show day. It built up until a few minutes before the curtains were raised. The thing is, despite having so many practices, I still thought the cast and crews weren't ready to give it all for the show itself. There were still some minor technicalities that we needed to work on but we just didn't have the time and the pressure was feeding to our nerves and dramas started to unfurl between us and it got a bit messy towards the end. However, the show ran smoothly and despite seeing the play countless times, I was still so so impressed at how everything just came together perfectly.

We got really emotional as each of us realised that the show's about to come to an end. That's another thing that I wish didn't have to end. Honestly, why do all good things end? I found myself a group of people who I enjoy spending my time with, people who I'm really comfortable around, people who went through the same thing as I do in uni, who deal with the same old drama. I'm really grateful that I decided to join this production. It's made me something to look back on fondly. Now that it's ended, I'm left with this special bond that I share with the cast and crews of Warwick Malaysian Night 2017, and I wouldn't trade that for anything else. Truly the dream team anyone would ever hope for.

p.s.: I'm still waiting for pictures and videos of the night & when I do, I'd definitely share some.
Black Moustache