This blog is where I escape from reality & is the result of the listening part of me. Oh btw, I dont talk much in real life.

History

leave your thoughts here -

Wednesday, 14 June 2017

I've only been home for a week and I can definitely claim that it's been the best week of the year yet. I felt cherished, loved and greatly valued. I forgot what it felt like to be truly content with my life and I bet it's mostly because of the people I was surrounded with throughout the past week. They remind me of the reasons I love home. They made me forget of the hell I've been through, being away from them for so long that I felt so lost and alone. They reassured me that friendships don't have expiry dates. They represent all the things I parted from, only to find my way back to them 'cause they are my heart's ultimate desires.

We under-appreciate the power of having iftars with our families so much. I got a bit emotional when I first had the opportunity to be back on the dining table with all my family members around. We shared bites, had some good laughs and I felt belonged for the first time in a long while. I also saw my close friends and had iftars with them too. I've missed having people around and feeling very complete.

Home is definitely not a place. It is the people inside the walls that build up the concept of being home. It is feeling welcomed, with them opening up their doors for you. It is feeling gratuitous, and hoping that they can stay for a little while longer. It is being yourself, with nothing to hide from their eyes for they are the ones who truly know you. It is being at peace, and wishing that the memories they give us be a blessing for eternity.

I have always known what I've been missing, but I have never really thought how much my whole body aches from missing. No amount of being abroad or travels can beat being surrounded by the people I truly care and cherish.

Honestly I've been so at peace with myself in the past week (minus the jet lag) and I've never felt more grateful to be alive to experience this feeling of coming home after a long while. In this holy month, I pray for the best for these people, for they have been giving me some of the best times of my life. Ameen.
Black Moustache